So many of us walk around thinking of ourselves as defeated, a failure, unworthy and unlovable. Sometimes it is that way because of past hurts or abuse or because something we had hoped for just did not work out the way we had planned, or because of feeling less than others around us.
The problem is once you see yourself that way, you will start speaking of that way and eventually it will lead you to a life of negativity. It becomes a generational cycle!
The Word of God says wonderful things about us. These very words give life and are the words we should choose to believe. For example, one of my favorite verses is 1 Peter 2:9. “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood…God’s special possession” (1 Peter 2:9). “Chosen people” means God chose you. Not the other way around. And He chose you for great and lovely things.
If you happen to be one that does not struggle with negative words or thoughts, that is fantastic. However, there are many who fight with these negative thoughts and therefore it comes out in our speech.
Below is a list of affirmations found in the Bible that will help you in your daily lives.
- “I am rooted and established in Love” [Ephesians 3:17]
- “My soul will prosper” [3 John 2]
- “I will prosper” [Jeremiah 29:11]
- “I am fearfully and wonderfully made” [Psalm 139:14]
- “I will bear much fruit” [John 15:5]
- “I am the head and not the tail” [Deuteronomy 28:13a]
- “I am above and not beneath” [Deuteronomy 28:13b]
- “I am a blessing” [Genesis 12: 3]
- “I am blessed and highly favored” [Luke 1:28]
- “I am royalty” [Isaiah 62:3]
It takes 21 days to form a habit. Over the next 21 days, let’s say and think what God says about us. Not what we say or think. Not what others say or think. Only what God says.