Have you ever had people come into your life that only offer words of discouragement? Have you ever had someone tell you that it could not be done but you did it anyway? They seem to have to point out every flaw and make it a point to call out your shortcomings.
Encouragement can make a difference. It can change your entire outlook on life. A positive response can motivate you to drive forward and not give up.
One kind word of encouragement, one smile and one hug at the right time can be life-changing. I am always amazed at how it takes so little to put a smile on someone’s face and raise their spirits.
I can remember those who have encouraged me along the way. A parent, teacher, pastor or friend would always know the right words to say to motivate me.
Too often, we seem to think it’s our role to discourage others to not to pursue their dream. Many times it’s from our very own past experiences, broken promises and shattered dreams.
We should be charged to speak into other’s lives and say, “I believe in you & follow your passion & purpose.
Here are three quick tips to stay Encourage!! 1-Be with those who bring out the best in you 2-Be an Encourager-Each day speak an uplifting word to someone else 3-Speak what is possible, rather than what seems impossible
Always remember, when you build up & encourage others it will always come back to you when you least expect it!!
P.S.-Please share this with someone who is in need of Encouragement!!
The definition of the word Praise is “to commend the worth of; express approval or admiration”. Praise is a capacity that God has placed in each and every one of us to link to him in a powerful way. Like thankfulness, it isn’t just for when we feel happy; Praising God should be part of our daily walk on a bad as well as a good day.
We are all made so differently that there is no ‘set formula’ for praise. For some it involves movement, for others stillness. Praise transports us into the realm of the supernatural and into the power of God.’ (Dr. Dale A. Robbins again).
Praise isn’t just a ‘feel good feeling’. We don’t just do it to get a spiritual high. Praise brings us into an intimacy with God our Father, with Jesus, with the Holy Spirit. Praise is not dependent on our circumstances or how far or little we still have to travel on our journey of healing. Praise is just us coming before God, lifting our eyes, and offering our thanks in any way we feel led.
What the Power of Praise Can Do!!
1. Praise gets our focus off ourselves and back on God. Life is not all about us. God desires our eyes be set firmly on Him, because that’s where our true hope is found. He is worthy of our praise, no matter what we face from day to day. “Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness!” Psa. 150:2
2. Praise makes the enemy flee. It pushes back the darkness the surrounds, and blocks the attacks and hissing lies over us. Evil will not stick around if we’re praising our God, who will fight our battles for us. “As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated” 2 Chron. 20:22
3. Praise makes room for God’s blessings over our lives. Praise opens the gateway of blessing as we come into his presence . “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” Psa. 100:4
4. It paves the way for God’s power to be manifested. God shakes things up through praise. “About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bonds were unfastened.” Acts 16:25-26
5. Praise brings us to a place of dependency on God. As we praise Him, we admit and recognize that we’re not in control, but He is. He is above all. “Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” Psa. 95:2
God desires our whole heart. Let go of worry, stress & anxieties. God longs for us to know the power of His presence over our lives. He desires to bless us more than we could imagine. His Spirit urges us onward, calling us closer. Lord, help us to fix our eyes on you, open our mouths and sing!!